DEVELOPMENT MAP & GUIDE DESIGN SERVICES REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS (RFP)
The mission of the Lampasas Economic Development Corporation is to enhance economic opportunities and quality of life for our citizens through strategic business retention and attraction.
The Lampasas Economic Development Corporation (LEDC) is requesting proposals in order to identify a professional and experienced company qualified to plan, execute and deliver a new design for the 2021-2022 Lampasas EDC Development Map & Guide. The company must have demonstrated experience in mapping and graphic design, with a track record of working with economic development organizations to deliver exemplary service in content, design and customer service.
The Lampasas EDC is located in the City of Lampasas, Texas, (pop. 7,291) 65 miles north of Austin and 121 miles north of San Antonio. It is a Type B Texas Economic Development Corporation funded by a ¼ cent local sales tax.
Over the last several years Lampasas has seen steady growth due to our proximity to major employers, reasonable cost of living, accessibility to metropolitan areas and excellent school district. Lampasas is committed to preserving its historic past while embracing a progressive future of commercial and residential growth.
Historically, the natural spring-fed waterways attracted people, railroads and highways to Lampasas and as a result the City is located at the intersection of three major US Highways- 183, 281 and 190, which provide alternatives to I-35 and easy access to San Antonio, Dallas, Austin and Killeen/Temple. The City is located 21 miles west of Interstate 14, and is part of the Killeen/Fort Hood MSA. The City operates electric, water, sewer and trash utilities; and manages the Hancock Park Golf Course, Hancock Spring fed pool and the Lampasas Municipal Airport. The City’s economic base includes a strong medical, manufacturing and banking presence. The Lampasas Independent School District serves 3300 students at 5 campuses.
The goal of this development map & guide design project is to support Lampasas’ continued success of commercial/industrial real estate development interest, as well as serve as a resource to small/large businesses, developers and residents. The new map & guide should attract site selectors, investors and decision makers by delivering attractive, efficient and up-to-date information regarding demographics, target industries, key development areas, community growth/amenities and capture the unique characteristics and high quality of life Lampasas provides. The aforementioned features and goals will be measured through attractive design and creative writing skills that will ultimately brand Lampasas as a destination for business and employment.
EXPECTATIONS OF CONTRACTOR_______________________________________
It is expected the selected contractor will adhere to a high degree of professionalism and customer service, including, but not limited to:
1. Consistent communication;
2. Commitment to deadlines;
3. Accuracy and attention to detail;
4. Creativity (both visual and written);
5. Understanding of client/community and ability to interpret needs;
6. Provide “turnkey” services, including aerial mapping, design and publication printing.
* Proposals must contain references for at least (3) clients the Firm has worked with in the last (3) years. References should include the point of contact, name of EDO/community, email address, phone number and a copy of the design work you provided for the client. These examples may be delivered digitally or as hard copies.
MAP & GUIDE COMPONENTS__________________________________________
The user experience should be one of that delivers easy-to-use, accurate information in an organized and efficient manner. It should position Lampasas as a premier destination for business and
development. The guide should feature aerial mapping, information on target industries and premier sites, along with infographics and an overall appearance that is modern in color and appeal. The map & guide, at many times, is the first impression the real estate and business community will have of the community. Therefore, it is expected the design and content of this site will reflect the character of the community with ease of access in delivering relevant development information.
At a minimum, the Development Map & Guide should:
1. Attract site selection consultants, business executives, commercial/industrial real estate brokers, developers, investors, entrepreneurs and other decision makers;
2. Be a resource of site and development information on Lampasas, which could be accessed (digitally) and updated by LEDC staff as needed;
3. Contain an aerial map with relevant, easy-to-read information on Lampasas;
4. Focus on target industries and/or key development sites; and
5. Contain accurate, creative writing and verbiage that characterizes community assets.
RFP Issued: Wednesday, November 24, 2021
RFP Deadline: Monday, January 10, 2022 by COB
LEDC Board to Meet & Consider Award of the Project: Wednesday, January 19, 2022
Project Commences: Monday, February 7, 2022 (flexible date)
Lampasas EDC Staff is available between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. Monday-Friday to answer any and all questions related to this RFP. Proposals can be delivered via mail, in person or electronically (either by mail or file sharing) by 5 p.m. on Monday, January 10, 2022 to the contact below:
Economic Development Director
Lampasas Economic Development Corporation
(512) 556-6831 (O)
(972) 983-1411 (C)
312 E Third St.
Lampasas, TX 76550
As part of your proposal, please include the following:
1. Complete and executed Company Information Form included in this packet;
2. A cover letter with name, address, phone number and email address of the primary contact with the firm that will serve as the liaison for this project;
3. Relevant information regarding your company and a sample of 3 map projects you recently completed;
4. A description of your company’s record in map design and the results it realized for your clients;
5. Projected timeline of design and development;
6. Identify who will primarily be involved on your project team;
7. Pricing – please provide a menu board of prices and services with terms of payment, considering the following:
a. Aerial map procurement costs
b. Map design costs
c. Copywriting services
d. Printing costs (separate quotes for 100, 500 and 1,000 copies)
e. Include costs for the printing of a 5’ x 5’ aerial wall map with dry erase board capabilities
8. Provide a list of at least three (3) economic development organization references of which you’ve completed similar map/brochure designs in the last three (3) years.
Please include the name and contract details of the person(s) with your company to be contacted for clarifications and/or questions regarding the proposal.
The Lampasas EDC Staff, City Manager and (2) LEDC Board members will make up the Review Committee, and will vet and evaluate all proposals. Major considerations for the proposals will include the following:
1. Quality of Work: 50%
The Review Committee will vet each proposal and examples for scope, attention to detail and quality of work.
2. Cost: 20%
The most cost-effective that retails a high-quality end-result with strong customer service will receive higher advantage.
3. Creativity: 10%
Creativity; both visual and written, as evidenced through samples of work, will be held in high regard.
4. Firm Experience: 5%
Firms with demonstrated capacity for development of effective mapping and graphic design services with a track record of working with economic development organizations of similar size will be vetted.
5. References: 5%
The reviews and comments of references will be considered.
6. Timeline: 5%
The proposed timeline and “speed to market” in delivering positive results will be gauged.
7. “Turnkey” Services: 5%
Advantage will be given to vendors who provide a “one stop shop” for all mapping and design needs. The Lampasas Economic Development Corporation reserves the right to conduct interviews and/or any other method of vetting applicants.
Company Information Form
Company Name ________________________________________________________________
Company Address ______________________________________________________________
Company Phone Numbers ________________________________________________________
Contact Name _________________________________________________________________
I have fully read and understand the contents of this Request for Proposal and certify I am authorized to execute this proposal on behalf of __________________________________(company name). I further certify I am willing, able and competent to complete the tasks as outlined.
Authorized Signature Printed Name
Proposals can be delivered via mail, in person or electronically (either by mail or file sharing) no later than 5 p.m. on Monday, January 10, 2022. Please label your proposal “LEDC Map & Guide RFP,” with attention to Mandy Walsh. If delivering via mail or in person, visit the Lampasas City Hall Building, 312 East Third Street, Lampasas, Texas 76550.